Saturday, May 24, 2008

Now I Really Miss School

It felt like just yesterday when I was just sitting within that four-walled classroom.
Suddenly, now I am clad in green camouflage attire, training to be a killing machine.
Where did all these years go.
It's as if I was not part of the transition of the waves of time, just merely swept to where I am now.

Finding it wierd that I am no longer gathering in clusters to hit the streets or towns.
Those canteen talks where we just sat waiting for time to past, talking about almost everything under the sun, has such an uncanny sense of familiarity.
The shabby and baggy uniform which I hate to put on each morning, I wish I can have them back.
Walking to the bus stop in the break of the dawn, knowing that your friend would be waiting for you in school. I miss that morning breeze.
I want to complain the tardiness of the buses again, watching students pass me by.
The nostalgia of cheering after school's out each day, and the carefree saunter to the school gate every evening.

No longer do we plan how we will furtively make for the school gates halfway during Sports Day.
No longer do we rack our brains choosing lunch while walking down the canteen queues.
No longer do we bitch about that common teacher and those dicks anymore.
No longer do we complain about Chemistry tutorial as we drag ourselves to the next lesson.
No longer do we gather at Macdonalds just waiting for time to past while chewing fries.
No longer do we stay back in school for those late night studying and a little chat.
No longer do we die cramming studies at each others' homes.
No longer do we worry ourselves over test and exams.

Now I really miss school.

Beatty and Nanyang...wad can I do to have you back again...?

mE posted at 3:00 PM