Sunday, May 11, 2008

Missing Out On Alot

This has been another short weekend. Here to bring you the past week's happenings, if you are interested that is.

Had IPPT. I must give myself a well-deserved boast. Don't mind me.
1. Sit-ups: 43
2. Standing Broad Jump: 243cm (yippee!)
3. Pull-ups: 13
4. Shuttle Run: 9.3s
5. 2.4km Run: 9.23min (2x yippee!)
That gave me a pretty good IPPT gold, with the 2.4km timing of 9.23min being my personal best. I have just joined the ranks of the 75% others of gold awardees in my wing. -.-

Had to make a decision of our vocations on Tuesday. Chose Armour cos they do not offer Artillery for our batch.
No infantry for me cos I cannot imagine myself chiong sua-ing in the thick forests for the rest of my NS life.
Its a big fat NO to Combat Engineers cos I hate mock 4. If you know wad that means.
Lastly, chose over the laxed Signals cos it sounds looserish to tell others that you are a Signal Officer.
I guess an Armour Officer sounds good...but its gonna be really tough, xiong, dirty, oily and tiring I heard... Sigh. Good luck to me.

Field Camp's the comin Monday. And its a good whole 12days out there in the forests of Tekong. Tsk tsk tsk... If I ever make it back in a piece, I am gonna celebrate.

And that brings me to my next few points. I'm gonna miss loads.

I'll be missing my Sec 4s' POP.. Boo! That's a real pity lah! Cos I took them since the joined NP as Sec 1s 4 years ago and saw them through the years they stayed in NP. And now I can't see them pass out. This is really damn sad lor.. Booo!

I will also be missing Madam Carolyn Ong's 19th Birthday.
Tsk tsk tsk.
So I think I better wish her here, a very big
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
That Click Five's song's for you!
See..I still remember seh.. Got touched not??

NS takes alot from us sia. Rob us 2 years of our lives. And in this two years, we sacrifice so much.
They give us a hundred bucks and take back ninety-nine.
They subject us to unmaginable conditions and restrictions.
They shave us bald and demand our absolute obedience.

I am finding myself with very much less time with my friends and my mama.
Being back for only slightly more than 24hrs a week, I really feel like I'm leading a double life.
And now, I don't hang out so much with my friends as I used to, and want to.
It's either I am unavailable for them, or vice versa, or the army also take their time away.

091109 This are the 6 sacred numbers.
My ORD date... I'm can't wait to reborn..

mE posted at 4:23 PM