Saturday, April 19, 2008

To Lead, To Excel, To Overcome...OCS!

From how often I update this blog, you should pretty much be able to guess the amount of time I have on hands after being posted to OCS.

Thought it'll probably do this blog some justice to post some stuff while waiting for my Ratatouile to crawl to loading completion.

In a nutshell, life in OCS is stressed...in a way. Now I can't help but agree with those who coined the term"Tekong Chalet" for BMT.

Being in OCS, you are on your toes 24/7. To the extent that after lights out, you will not dare fall asleep completely, while constantly ensuring that an ear is out to catch any sudden call of a fire drill.
During your free time, you gotta make sure you aren't playing a fool or even being what you normally are in your social life, cos any instructors may be just prowling around in the area.

What we call "extras" in here, simply means "extra duties" which also equates to a weekend burn as you would sign for duty. In my wing, they give "extras" as if they were free... There are a total of 12 wings in OCS, I dare bet that the number of "extras" the other 11 wings give out all together in a single week in definitely less than that of my wing.

Think you get the rough idea...

What puts me off the most are the people around. If you got the chance to see some of my fellow cadets, you would rather believe in flying pigs than believing that they are actually future officers. Seriously, some of them just have terrible attitude problem.
It is not that their sucky attitude is a problem of mine, neither is it my concern if they become good officers in nine months time. It is the very fact that these people are making the entire lot of us look bad altogether and getting all of us into trouble that really piss me off.

I can't believe those selfish bastards got here. I ain't gonna waste my energy describing those farkers. They put me on such a flare that I often end up grumpy in camp and out. Shouldn't let them affect me. I gotta learn to deal with these muthafarkers.

On another note, the instructors are pretty fine. Proficient in their skills, and are nice people, mostly...Things are a lot better with the instructors' guidance.

But then again, it all should be on our effort. Just hope to pull through the service term of 14 weeks first before the professional term. Guess I'll just take it a step at a time.

The instructors got us to decorate our own personal noticeboard in our rooms. I thought it was ridiculous at first, but did it under the compulsion of orders. I brought in some pictures... Now I see the effect. The pictures of the gang and my friends on the noticeboard...
I always take time to look at them each day, they kinda give me the motivation to continue pushing on in OCS.

I have always hated running. Have one of the poorest 2.4km timing in my wing. It is crazy here...the record in our current wing is like 7.36min for 2.4... WTF?!?!?! And almost everybody in running sub-9mins....WTFISH?!?!?!?!?!
We run like everyday... Mind you, its not the normal PT run in BMT each morning. We do interval trainings and speed trainings as well as endurance runs which increase by 1km everyday. We have these runs like everyday...imagine doing a 8km run after a 7km the day before and a 6km before that. I don't know about you but I ain't enjoying it.
Nevertheless, gonna make running fall in love with me..


OCS only allows bookout on Saturdays and we gotta book in back on Sunday nights. And that means I have very little time in the normal world and i gotta really rush to get things done, enough rest and have some fun. So anyone wishing to book me for the weekends are strongly encouraged to do so early... :)


Haven't been back at NP for some time. Heard things aren't that good. Just really feel disappointed at everything. Cadets, NCOs, and CIs especially... Everybody knows something needs to be done, but its either they do not know what to do, or they are not doing it. Haix.

Think that' enough for now...
Till I find the time again... toodles!

mE posted at 10:18 PM