New Posting
Comd SAF BMTC wishes you all the best in your future posting.Your posting order is listed below.1. You are posted to OCS (ARMY WING)2. Your vocation is OFFCER CADET (CBT)3. You are to report to: SAFTI Military Institute, Warrior's Hall Reporting Date/Time: 24/03/08 at 0700 to 0800 hrs Person to report to: AMPO Contact Number: 679972**/3**/6** You are required to report in smart no. 4 uniform (PES E recruits to be in No. 3 uniform), except for those assigned to Police Force.4. Special Instuction: No camera handphone is allowed. Download below hyperlink and open using Acrobat Reader.When I first saw this, I was thinking, "Who the fuck is AMPO?"To be honest, half of me was jumping for joy when I read this while the other half of me was sighing. They said OCTs are the LOWEST LIFEFORM IN THE SAF. They are worse than planktons and amoebaes. And you all know how I hate running, and just to welcome me to SAFTI, they have a 5km Orientation Run. GG.Being located in the middle of nowhere, SAFTI is like a gazillion miles from Toa Payoh la!If your timing for 2.4km run is 9 min plus, you would be mocked la...cos that's only the average in OCS. And for fuck sake, my personal best for 2.4 was 10.27...and I almost died..from happiness and fatigue!And I hadn't come to the best part yet. For starters, they are gonna confine you for a solid three weeks. WTF?! We all need a life don't we?Hey, wait, that's not that best part, the best is this: They have a Jungle Confidence Course (JCC), where they dump you in the jungles of Brunei with 2 days worth of rations to survive for 9 days! AND...they will give you live quails...to break its little neck ALIVE (while its shrieking for pain and all), then yank that broken quail head out of its then motionless body. After that, your hands would be filled with BLOOD! I saw the pictures and it was plain GROSS!I was so praying that they would post me to Police OCT at least... then I'll be able to give my mama a new cooking pot - my helmet. I can burn those ary fatiques and say bye bye to LBVs, SOGs and those camo cream we apply generously on our faces like we're putting pimple cream on it or something.i thought I'll be bidding farewell to M16, SAR 21, metador, GPMG and the likes to exchange them for my old time friend - the Taurus .38 revolver...I thought I'll be able to welcome free taekwondo lessons with open arms, but who knew, I'll be stuck with bayonet fighting and close-combat for the next 2 years.I freaking hate SOC and to complete it within 6mins, I almost traded my life for that impressive record. Now its coming again with AOC and other wierd variations the SAF had painstakingly designed for us.I thought it was goodbye to forest and green and that tetron blue would be so inviting - I would iron it everyday faithfully....but I was wrong.Grr...tbc
mE posted at 10:43 PM