Just Like A Long Lost Friend


Suddenly, I was reminded of the scene in the Simpsons Movie where Homer was left behind by his family and when "Close to you" started playing.
Don't know why, but this classic just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
The Carpenters...a legend.
Musicians of soft pop, Karen and Richard Carpenter left a legacy so many years after the erosion of the Carpenter's popularity.
I remember "Top of the World" and its simple yet enchanting melody. "Yesterday Once More" and its feel of nostalgia and vintage. "Close to you" is simply romantic....for lack of a better words...but yeah. That's how it feels.
The other songs are pretty okay, but I have the deepest impression for these three.
There's something about retro pop now... Suddenly found myself listening to these old familiar tunes...
Yeah... just like how the Carpenters sang it...
"And they're back again, just like a long lost friend... All the songs I'd loved so well..."
Just nice and simple. The way I like it.
mE posted at 9:55 PM