Prelims
The Prelim results are back. Math: CChem: DHistory: CEcons: DGP: EOverall should be quite okay la, though it's not really that good. At least I'd improved. Jumped from U to C for Math, and improved Chem and History by a grade. But I still can't smell an A... Arghh...Anyway, really disgruntled with my GP lor. Wth la... only 49.5% leh... I am most unhappy with the Essay lor. I thought I did pretty okay but that stupid teacher only gave me a 23.5/50. I think I can guess which teacher is it lor...I can almost picture her saying thoe comments she wrote on my script with her seemingly arrogant face squinting at me and her finger pointing away.My question was: "War is a necessary evil." Do you agree?Let me show you some of what I wrote:"Most should generally have no qualms pertaining to the evils of war - it is internationally and morally incorrect, with its devastating impact, physically and psychologically. Some may however, despite the numerous battles we have carved on the walls of history, sideline its evils and insist on the necessity of wars. By examining the motives of war from its proponents, we would probably realise that war is hardly the solution....There had been wars motivated by seemingly more noble causes but this is still really unnecessary, no matter how convincing its supporters may be. Nationalism, had always been an issue for the patriots. These people are so unwavering in their beliefs that most are even ready to pick up arms to fight for their nationalistic causes despite its repercussions. In 1950, a futile attempt at reunification saw communist North Korea extending its ground forces into South Korea, sparking the first large-scale war after WWII in 1945, With the participation of the USA and its allies against the communist bloc. The Korean War achieved no nationalistic vistory and won nothing but the scars of war and horror, branded in the memories of the Koreans both above and below the 38th parallel. Even when the point of nationalism is discussed, which seems ever so noble as progressing for the greater good, for the patriots at least, war is no necessity. This can be further substantiated with Mahatma Gandhi winning a nationalistic vistory over the British colonials with abosolutely no violence....In the modern context, while positioned at the frontline of extremism and the unpredictability of terrorism, most still have doubts about war as a solution, most notably, the American-sponsored War on Terrorism. An eye for an eye would only make the whole world go blind. Even the victimised Americans of the September 11 attacks, are against their President's decision in Iraq and Afghanistan. With teenage soldiers barely the age of 21 losing their limbs and lives in the seemingly controversial war abroad, going against terrorism in this way, definitely sees its cause as beneath its costs. War is still unnecessary, what is necessary is perhaps terrorism prevention at the homefront and attempts at appeasement and reconciliation abroad...."Just a few paragraphs from what I've wrote. That stupid teacher say what I got expressional problems leh... Then still say what "So awkard!", "So awful!" What the hell la... Some of the quotes which she said was awful, I found them from sources like other schools' model essays and Newsweek la.Then she fucking dunno her stuff one leh. "War on Terrorism" she still dare tell me punctuation mistake with no capital "W" and "T", den put wad "Px2". Stupid la. She never read news isit, no recent somemore leh, I never taunt her with my History facts liao she still dare say me wrong. Does she fucking know that the "War on Terrorism" is an OFFICIAL US campaign. It is the fucking name of the fucking campaign. The fucking marker failed to fucking realise that fucking fact and still dare put "Px2" (meaning two punctuations mistake)WTHThen my that paragraph about nationalism... She fucking tried to argue with me leh by writing a freaking paragraph of her views on nationalism. My point was that despite the seemingly noble cause of nationalism (which often is obvious to the minority patriots), nationalistic wars are not always successful...and I fucking substantiated that with the example of Gandhi and his no-violence attitude that gained the independence of mega India leh...She dare come tell me what.."How do you think many countries gain their independence?"Fuck la...she think debate ar.. Okay, let me refute. Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Burma, Brunei, India, and a freaking loads of African colonies gained indepedence with no wars or at least little violence. The Eastern European states got their independence from the Soviet Union without violence cause the USSR gave them up. Out of the countries which fought independence wars, only a few gained it. One i can think of is Bangladesh in 1971, the other is maybe America? For countries liek Indonesia and Vietnam..which fought so hard for their independence arh...they fight and fight for so long still no independence leh. Indonesia only got its independence when the USA forced the Dutch to give it up..which means that credit goes not to the Indonesians. Vietnam fought a bloody long war from the 40s with the French, and through the 50s till the 70s with Americans before they bloody got their independence leh.That fucking teacher don't know her fucking facts still fucking want to argue with me. So back train 10 years la...So angry lor...Fail my essay leh...and I thought it was pretty okay. Tsk-----Anyway, missed the Officers Day and Awards Ceremony today. Totally no mood to go. If I went I'll probably sulk throughout so might as well don't go. Never take the award also good la, less things to worry about. Okay, I'm making no sense.-----A'Levels in like 30 days time leh...OMG! So tight la... Gonna work hard this time man. Damn hard. I want to go to Law School...Haha.
mE posted at 9:19 PM