Sunday, September 02, 2007

Lips Of An Angel

Disclaimer: The following extract had been inspired by sheer and harmless random thoughts. Any inference to racially derogation or discrimination is unintended.

You know about how Bl*cks have been discriminated through the years. From American slavery to African Apartheid. In Singapore, we even have drivers cursing bl*cks who cross the midnight roads dressed insensitively in black.
N*gros, as how they are offensively called, have trademark huge and droopy lips, they have really curly or lumpy hair and more intricately, enormously well endowed (if you know what I am talking about, perv.)

But I think God has been rather fair to these discriminated people.
I was listening to Ne-Yo, and was thinking what a great song “So Sick” was. Went googling for it, and I almost fell off my chair learning that I had been listening to a Bl*ck.
I’m no way been prejudiced here, but I definitely had a White man singing to the rendition in my head.
Then there was Akon with his “Don’t Matter” and his other hits.
The girls are doing great too, we have “Unfaithful” and “Umbrella” from Rihanna.

The one that was more recent? Sean Kingston and his “Beautiful Girl”? That really got me grooving. But when I went to see the music video, something struck me.
Sean Kingston was so DAMN BLOODY FAT! I was picturing a pretty presentable White man ogling at some girls… Turned out, this over-sized baby with pudgy lips who can’t even stand on his own (probably too heavy) and was leaning on a car….he was calling another bl*ck woman his “BEAUTIFUL GIRL”
Bl*ck women can’t be too beautiful right? I mean you can hardly make out their features! The best they have is a set of pearly white teeth and that’s about it. But NO! Sean’s beautiful girl was bl*ck.
Then I continued watching. Did you also realize that the other girls that went into the bar were also bl*ck?? WTH?! Bl*ck people’s song doesn’t mean the MV also must be bl*ck bl*ck de ma!!


*I think I need some censorship here… Don’t wanna get into trouble.



Anyway, my main point is HINDER.


Have been listening to them for some time le, and only just realize how good they are.
All their songs like so emo de lor. Then some like abit guilty also.


Like “Lips of an Angel”. The song is about this man, whose ex called him late one night, but her current girl is in the next room. His ex was kinda having some problems with her current man too. Turns out they still can’t get over each other.
So scandalous and so unfaithful la… But it’s really interesting lor. Like how the man “never wanna say goodbye” and really misses his ex. But things got so complicated that the two of them are attached with their new found partners, incidentally having some problems.
The songs really puts you in that regretful dilemma: You are on the phone with your ex which you missed dearly but your girl is just next door.

Lips of an Angel
Hinder

Honey why you calling me so late?
It's kinda hard to talk right now.
Honey why are you crying?
Is everything okay?
I gotta whisper 'cause I can't be too loud

Well, my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on
It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words it makes me weak
And I never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel

It's funny that you're calling me tonight
And, yes, I've dreamt of you too
And does he know you're talking to me
Will it start a fight
No I don't think she has a clue


Another really great song also by Hinder is “Better Than Me”
Once again, it spells regret and loneliness. This man is sorry for how he had mistreated his girl, those lies that he made her believe. He feels guilty saying that the girl deserves much better than him. Now that the girl has left, and it was himself that said it was over, he is missing her hair in his face.
Its really tough to come to a stage when you have to tell yourself that the one you love so much deserves someone better than yourself. It’s like slicing yourself despite knowing it would bleed and hurt. That is why we have to make sure we do things without regret man, to have to be like the man in the song, that’s really tough and painful.


Better Than Me
Hinder

I think you can do much better than me
After all the lies that I made you believe
Guilt kicks in and I start to see
The edge of the bed
Where your nightgown used to be

I told myself
I won't miss you
But I remember
What it feels like beside you

I really miss your hair in my face
And the way your innocence tastes
And I think you should know this
You deserve much better than me

While looking through your old box of notes
I found those pictures I took
That you were looking for
If there's one memory I don't want to lose
That time at the mall
You and me in the dressing room


The bed I'm lying in is getting colder
Wish I never would've said it's over
And I can't pretend...
I won't think about you when I'm older
Cause we never really had our closure
This can't be the end

mE posted at 10:18 PM