Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Stamina and Strength

I recall how I used to stay up late just to ensure that I do well for my A Math tests. I used to be at my table from like 9pm. Doing all the Amath questions I could possibly lay my hands on. Beside me, 933.3 of 987 FM will be playing. I would then make cups after cups of coffee to boost my attention span just so that I could stay up late. Mug and mug and mug. I do it till all the lights at home are off and I’m the only one up. That quietness and peace is ever so nostalgic. All the way, I would be doing Amath, with my coffee and radio till the clock strikes 5. Then I would go for a quick hour and a half sleep, before going to school again.
I did that frequently, and clearly remembered those nights LLF called me to study either at my void deck or his house. We often were able to hit beyond the midnight mark before stopping.

I had such a mighty stamina back then.

I thought I could not do that again, and it was worrying me. Cos it’s the A’s this time. 10 times harder than the O’s according to Mr Quek, our “beloved” principal.

I proved myself wrong last night, that my stamina and strength was not all lost. Went yx’s house to study at 10.30pm. We hit Integration. In that room at the back of his house, we lasted till 1am.
Then 2, where I thought I need the bed badly.
Till 3, where my eyes were practically tearing.
4, where yx started to make some noises and stinky fumes start to exude from his mouth.

Nevermind that there were a little Spongebob and PS2 in the way, but we clocked a total of 7 night studying hours straight and a 4 hours in the afternoon. That was a grand total of 11 straight hours of studying in one day!
Probably not a lot to some, or compared to my previous track records, but I was really impressed and inspired!

HAHAHA!

Which means that I must stop here and go chiong my Differentiation!

So productive!

mE posted at 6:03 PM