Friday, February 23, 2007

Call My Lawyer

Two universities and the NIE had come to our school so far to talk abuot post-A'levels degree courses.
I went for the NIE one and the NTU School of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS). HSS has a myriad of 5 courses, Psychology, Socialogy, Economics, Chinese, and English Literature.
Oh yeah...they said that you could do Children Lit for the English Lit degree course. I can't imagine uni students stuydying Little Red Riding Hood again.

Personally, I'm more interested in the NIE route or the Socialogy from NTU so far. I'm putting NIE as a back-up choice...probably if I'm deadlocked or stuck in a situation where I have no where else to go.

Socialogy seems like a kick. Its curriculum includes, human relations, culture, organisational behavior, and some sort... It is a really diverse course on people which transcends several disciplines including business and management, psychology, history, economics, politics and some biology I think. I think it's so cool lah...haha. Offering career prospects in the Public Relatinos field, Public Administration, government institutes, the Police Force and even...the United Nations.. Whahahaha....

The top two degree courses which offers the highest starting pay in local universitites are....tadah!

the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) and the Bachelor of Law (BA.Law)

haha. MBBS I cannot le...cos need Bio. I'm eyeing Law..haha.

Had been wanting to be a lawyer since young le... It's like a really challenging career, which requires logical thinking and an analytical mind (that's what Pearly Lim put on my testimonial.hehheh) . Need to be really articulate and have an excellent command of the English Language. And more so, it's professional and draws a really high salary...even for starters.

Heard that after a few years, lawyers draw an annual 6 figure salary...haha. Which brings us a 5-fig salary monthly. Okay....that comes with a price of course. They say it's really stressful to be a barrister. Besides representing clients in court like what TV shows love to depict lawyers as doing...there are other mroe demanding tasks in a job scope of the Singapore Lawyer who is a Barrister and a Soliciter of the Supreme Court.

I'll probably consider another route which would take me somewhere to International Relations or Foreign Affairs....pretty interested in that one too. But got such a course meh?

Okay....Hope to really do a honours course in the U. Lemme see. After NS, I would be 21. Which emans that it would be 2009 then. Then plus a four-years honours...that means I'll be 25. A lawyer would need an additional year of pupillage... OMG. So when I really start work..I'll be like 26... so old... OMG!!! which means ten more years before big bucks roll in.... humph.


Okay...I'll currently spot Law as my first choice, followed by Socialogy and NIE would come next. Meanwhile, really keeping both eyes wide open for somre other catchy degree courses. Woot!

mE posted at 12:52 PM