Monday, January 15, 2007

PoWeR

I attempted the Integration tutorial...
Yes! I'm so proud of myself... In fact, I think I'm beginning to like Integration as well. Hmm...now I must make i a point to master Differentiation and Integration.
Whahaha!

Next target would be Chemistry Transition Metals. I've decided to conquer it after I found it a pretty topic during lecture. Lolx.

Gonna have a History Test this Saturday. And it's freaking 3 hours!! It's going to be based on ALL the topics covered last year and I emphasize "ALL". I haven't got to mastering History leh... How!!


okay.. On another note, was having International History tutorial today. We were discussing the role of the Superpowers (USA and USSR) in the creation of the state of Israel.
The USA and the USSR practically ahd control over the United Nations. And it also seemed that they ahve the whole world under their manipulation at will. Israel was to be located in the Middle-East, surrounded by hostile Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iran and many other Arab states which swore to destroy the state of Israel.
How on earth did Israel survived among these hostility? Even with combied Arab forces waging wars against the Israeli troops so outnumbered... The Israeli were able to defeat them!!

I thought it was so amusing. And know what?? It's all thanks to the superpower with a big "S". With the support of Giant America, what was not possible? Even with so many states against it...once you have superpower backing, no one dares to lift a finger against you.

Which brings me to my point... Power. This 5 letter word is a really amazing thing. If you have that...power, people cower before you. If you have power, you can do almost anything. If you have power, no one dares to stop you. If you have power, everyone would try to get into your good books.
"PoWeR" ...amazing.

Think a little more...does that apply to the present. Does that apply to us the same way it does to countries and politics? In my opinion, it does to a certain extent.
However, power to us, is not defined my military power and country wealth. It is represented in other forms.
For students, academics may be one, then there is influence, your friends. If you are a rich, that is another power you have. You know what I mean.

Oops. Gotta go, have PE now...and it is raining... -_-

mE posted at 3:14 PM