Monday, January 29, 2007

Oh Oh...

Think there is something I have to learn.

I should not have brought my emotions into business.

Last parade, wasn't too happy. First was because of what had just happened recently, second thing was that I was really disappointed with the NCOs, or even pissed of by some.
Anyway, during debrief, May Lwin was telling the Sec Threes off. She was harping on the issue of their attire...She made it sound really solemn and all. Then she mentioned something about their attitude.
What was going on in my mind, was entirely different from what spilled out from my mouth later. I started to lecture them as well. One thing I regretted saying was the individual comments I made to some of them about standards and not trying hard enough.
There were these three girls whom I mentioned. I said that their standards were falling behind and worse, they were not trying. I couldd have shot myself for saying that! Two of whom I knew were really trying. They were giving their best. I could figure that out. But i still scolded them in the end.

Was so affected by my mood, was kinda taking it out on them. Nah.
I guess what made me say that was because I wasn't in a clear state of mind. I heard May Lwin blowing up some minor matters and subconciously did the same as well. I wasn't mad at the Sec 3s...instead, I'm proud of them. I can really see the effort some of them are putting in. And the passion they have is really extraordinary for a Sec 3 squad as well!

Nevermind. Just take that as a lesson learnt.
First of all, I shouldn't let my mood affect me.
Second, I shouldn't be swayed by the people around me. Should stand firm to my beliefs instead.

Oh yeah. The NCOs also. Should not compliment them next time. Give a bit of encouragement and praise, they get swell-headed. Especially one of them, I can't stand that kind of attitude. Do it next time and I shall rant. Omg.

mE posted at 9:02 PM