Monday, November 06, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Huiyu!

Just celebrated Huiyu’s 17th birthday at Swenson’s. I had arranged for Yaoxian, Jessica and Shone to celebrate her special day together. Thought Shone would perhaps hit it off with his schoolmate to-be…yeah, he is those kind that sparks off easily. Had some plans initially too after the dinner, but was kinda foiled.
Since we’ll be missing her in NY, this birthday dinner was also perhaps the first but hopefully not the last.
Swenson’s was good, especially the part before the food was served, when we were just laughing off. I wonder if it is just me or something was really wrong, things didn’t go too well inside me.
The celebration was concluded with a cake, where we settled it all in a lonely corridor.
The day then ended with a trip to the arcade.
Not really in the mood to recap the stuff that went on earlier in details. Just hope I did not spoil things for Huiyu, man. But sometimes the more you try to control yourself, the worse you feel.

Anyway, to Shone:
Thanks for coming dude, had it not for you being around, I would kinda feel helpless earlier on. Haha… You may not understand what I mean but just really thankful that you were there just now.


Okay, haven’t really got the time to really prepare anything for your birthday, Huiyu, so I’m dedicating a section of my blog to you.
First time I met you was during J06 in HTA. The front you carried was so unfriendly lor!! Then when saw you in school during that period, your face also like BAO GONG liddat. So unapproachable. Haha. So I thought that until I passed out, I wasn’t going near you.haha.

Then later, we got to know each other abit better during the residential course, when we booked out to go for lessons. Lolx. Still remember that time you say want to meet me then go back HQ together, and when you arrived early (or was I late?), then you go buy ice-cream eat. Haha…the idea of you eating ice-cream like very funny to me lor. I also dunno why.
Then after that, you also join ODAC right.haha. First time you went was during the Water PT session. Your face arh, also dun change one leh…haha. So straight for what….lolx.

There was a period of time when you were really stressed right, if I’m not wrong should be the time after mid-years… Honestly arh, the way you study arh…I really take my hat off to you lor!!! So much stamina!!
I thought what you really needed was more self-belief and confidence. That was what I thought la…
Then got one time you told me and Yaoxian that you won’t scold and dun scold people one….Then I was like “ …….” (jaw drop)…. Sure bo…haha. Den Yaoxian started to call you GUANYIN MA….lolx.
Hmm…sometimes I think you like very funny lor…always look like so moody. I also dunno how to crack you up. Think only Yaoxian can do that.haha. That’s what I see….lolx.

There are some things that I have learnt from you, just thought perhaps I would let you know…
During the period when we were all awaiting our promotional results, when it was either we get retained or promoted… Many people already some sort of know that they would be promoted based on their results. But that wasn’t the case for you and me.
I was dead worried during that time. Trying very hard to maintain my composure…I did not dare to think of the negative consequence that I may be retained. When my friends told me that I should prepare for the worst mentally, I shut off immediately. I simply had no courage to face that possibility.
Once, when I met you in the library and you showed me your withdrawal form, I thought a lot during that time. How was it that someone who had worked so hard from the beginning, even be prepared to take another reverse path. Where did this person find the courage to pick herself up from such a bad fall. I can’t. Honestly, I can’t, till now, I still have no idea what I would do if I were retained.
I admired the courage that you have to continue even in the face of such difficulties. I admired that firm belief in you when you said you were sure where you really wanted to be.
That kind of courage and decisiveness is what I learnt from you.

Haha…that’s pretty lengthy huh. Lolx. Okay, I’ll probablyr end off wishing you that you will find your way to live life to its fullest happily… : )
So, the end of being friends on the JC path is just a beginning to another brand of friendship, right? Haha.

mE posted at 4:25 PM