Monday, July 31, 2006

Keep On Swimming

Hmmm...we are approaching towards the end of July. Though National Day is noisily creeping up, I still can't find the mood to be patriotic and joyous.

Been kayaking for two days straight, this entire course had robbed me of two whole weekends when I could have been doing some work. No complains though, I kind of enjoyed it especially the qualification that comes with it. I'm now a 2 star kayaker!!!
Well, that does comes with a price though. Dark as you know I already am, I'm now charred, and it hurts when I twitch my face. Ouch. Did some twisting of body in the course and I highly believe with a few more of those twists and flips, my waist would be gone. I'm not aching all over, but try not to make me do anything acrobatic these days like running or bending... My poor back and waist deserve a good rest.
Haha...feel like getting back into the water really soon and practice on my skills. Yeah. I also want to go for 3 star!!! Lolx. Considering Coaching Level One too...anyone interested? Tag and let me know. :)

Nothing exciting in school, except that I'd just been given a good dressing down last Friday. :(

Common tests are coming up real soon, and I'll be working hard. You can take my word for it.
Hmm...I'm slowly picking up my momentum already...lolx.(just a little encouragement for myself lah)


Whenever I feel like giving up, I would remember what that cute little flat fish, in “Finding Nemo” said. Oh yeah, she is Dory, friend of Marlin (Nemo's daddy). Cute one. Haha.
Anyway, it was when the going got tough in the waters while the two friends were searching for Nemo that Dory said this:




“Just keep on swimming...”




It is simple, but it means a lot. It just acts as a little reminder to me that when things turn out wrong and you feel like you might not make it, just clench your fist, grit your teeth, flick your fins (if you have one), and just keep on swimming.



Oh yeah, if you had watched "Finding Nemo", you would also have realise what a great pal Dory was to Marlin, going through thick and thin together, braving the waters and some nasty jellyfishes too...Great friend she was...



Hmm...I'm praying hard for a good week ahead, though I guess it's just gonna be hectic again. Sigh.

Keep on swimming.


mE posted at 11:57 AM