Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Fade Away

Got back maths and GP today...

Well, GP...I'd passed. i'd expected to anyway. though it wasn't that fanastic a grade, a "E" i think, but at least i passed. Managed to scrape through for the Compre section but failed my Essay by that mere two and a half marks. I don't know what to say...
Should i heave a sigh of relief for the fortunate fact that I'd passed? Or should i grieve for that hell of a grade that I'd got? I'm so confused. Had it been a year ago, I'd be petrified at that kind of results. But now...haix. Everything's changing.
Maths. failed terribly, got a grand total of 23 marks out a paper of 70. Beat that. I know it's pathetic, but really don't see the point in wallowing in self-demise at this point, though I'm really disgusted. Mrs Lim, the only sole teacher of NYJC that I still consider capable of teaching, told me something during lesson. She said that I could have done better than that. I was momentarily stunned. She asked me what happened. After recollecting myself I replied sheepishly that I did not study...
I don't know, does she go round telling this to every other students? What she said kind of sparked me a little.
But then again, everything has changed, it is afterall only a spark. I'm no longer the person I used to be. I'd overestimated myself.

The history teacher announced grandly today that a total of 11 students failed H2 history out of a tweeny tiny cohort of 31. How's that? I guess i belong to that bunch of unlucky minority...
History used to be my strongest subject. Where were those days when Mrs Haridass's encouragement and praise were what i was hearing each History lesson? i really missed those times when she were teaching me history and social studies...
I'd gotten straight As for History before. Comparing those days to present, i feel really disgusted at my performance now. I'd really let myself and Mrs Haridass down.
My passion's faded...

I don't wish to complain further. Beginning to fade away really fast. Gotta do something before I lose myself completely. Someone please help me.

mE posted at 12:23 PM